Salvation is a free gift, rewards are earned by works.
Five crowns are mentioned in Scripture:
- The crown of joy, or rejoicing, which is the reward for ministry,Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. For what is our hope, of joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? For ye are our glory and joy,
- The crown of righteousness. the reward for faithfulness in testimony. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
- The crown of life. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried he shall receive the crown of life, which the love him, Fear none of those things which thou shall suffer behold, the devil shall cast some of you into person, that ye may be tried and the shall have tribution ten days be thou faithful unto death.and T will give thee a crown of life.
- The crown of glory. the reward for faithfulness under suffering. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
- The incorruptible crown. the reward for self control. Know ye not that they which run in a race run all. but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things, Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown, but we an incorruptible.
CB Helping Hands Ministry
To God Be The Glory
Minister David A. Benjamin